Fantasy Prints has just installed two sets of graphics for Great Tapestry of Scotland Visitor Attraction for Scottish Borders Council.
The Graphic walls were 16m by 2.1m tall and 19m by 2.1m tall. These were fitted in Galashiels, Scottish Borders. The panels were printed using our EFI Vutek large format LED printer. 6mm Correx was used and the artwork supplied was tiled using the printers built in software so the artwork could be printed over multiple boards.
WHY 6mm CORREX
Correx sheeting is impact-resistant and can be used as a form of protection for walls. It’s a versatile material that has many advantages, but one of the main reasons it’s so popular is that it is weather-resistant, so it can be used to great effect outside as well as for indoor use. These sheets are also recyclable and non-toxic, so they’re better for the environment but they will last for many years of use thanks to their durability.
You can find out more information and costs if you require a similar project by clicking here to get the costs of the printed boards.
OUR PRINTING TECHNOLOGY
The EFI™ VUTEk® GS2000LX Pro is a fully-loaded, production-level LED UV-curing hybrid printer with true greyscale technology that extends the range of supported substrates and print providers’ bottom line with an innovative ink-curing technology. Smooth production runs, and boosts productivity with its continuous print printing capability. No other technology in its class can deliver the environmental benefits to satisfy demands for a greener printing solution with less waste, fewer consumables and decreased power consumption.
- Eight colours plus white ink printing for high-margin jobs
- Extended range of supported substrates with LED curing
- UltraDrop™ Technology offers smaller drop sizes and more precise control with native 7pL print heads and true multidrop addressability in each dot position
- High apparent resolution and high-definition quality with four-level greyscale and two ink density levels
- Outstanding smoothness in shadows, gradients and transitions
- Superb text quality with four-point text in both standard and knockout with fewer satellites and more clarity in all print modes
- Single-pass, multilayer print capability for even more profit opportunity
- Increased uptime and productivity while reducing maintenance with instant on/off LED lamps
- Lower operating costs with decreased power consumption, fewer consumable parts, and less waste with consistent colour output and simple operation
- A greener printing solutions
Below is more information about the Great Tapestry of Scotland Visitor Attraction
What will the centre look like?
We now have new images of what it is expected to look like.
What facilities will be on offer?
The visitor centre – which is accessible from Edinburgh in less than an hour via the Borders Railway – will have a wide range of interactive displays and activities including:
Exhibitions and events for tourists and locals alike
Café with local and seasonal produce
Educational facilities for all age groups.
The Great Tapestry of Scotland – which will be managed by charity Live Borders – will kickstart a new future for Galashiels, alongside a number of other projects which will provide a host of benefits for the town and the Scottish Borders.
These include the new town trail which will include a sculpture dedicated to Galashiels sweet seller Robert Coltart who wrote the world famous children’s lullaby Coulter’s Candy (Ali Bali Bee). Significant improvements to the town centre are currently being taken forward in partnership with community groups, and a masterplan which aims to transform Galashiels and encourage investment in the wider Borders economy is being progressed.